Trip to Letchworth State Park

 Edit Post

Sometimes, spontaneous is best.

Yesterday, I woke up at 7:15 am. This was due to a combination of my cat Maggie meowing in my face, and the sudden panic that comes when you can't remember if it's a weekday or a weekend morning, and if you're going to be late to work.

Luckily, it was Saturday. To my surprise, Drew wasn't in bed, so I groggily stumbled into our guest bedroom/computer room. He was on the computer, having also woken up unusually early for no apparent reason. The first thing that popped into my mind was, "let's head to Letchworth."
We've been meaning to all summer, but Drew works weekends, and those weekends that he has been able to get off this weekend have been stuffed with lovely social events that didn't leave a whole lot of time for spontaneous hiking trips.

So, off we went! It was wonderful, cool in the early morning, with very few people around.

I took some pictures, but unfortunately I hadn't charged my camera's batteries, so I had to use my phone. So, they're pretty low quality, but worth including anyway.






comments: 2

Jen Marie :

this looks awesome. I love spontaneous hiking trips! so much fun.

also, speaking of blogging,
...remember when we all had xangas for a while? haha

Anonymous :

Looks gorgeous! What a fun, spontaneous day.